Here's what I know ...
Your mindset is the one thing holding you back from creating the business and life of your dreams.
I know, because I’ve lived it.
You see, in 2015, I launched my own health coaching business after working in academia and corporate America for many years.
I was inspired to make this move because I had overcome a lifelong struggle with weight and eating disorder, and I wanted to help others do the same.
And so began my journey of frustration and sacrifice as I rode the entrepreneur’s carousel of promised magic bullet strategy after strategy to try to grow my business and impact the people who could benefit from my services.
Looking back, it seems I tried just about everything.
- I hired coaches and mentors.
- I invested in group programs and masterminds.
- I created lead magnets, funnels, eBooks, video series, digital courses, Facebook groups, challenges.
- I ran Facebook ads to drive traffic to all of the above.
- I built an email list complete with an automated nurture sequence.
- I spent hours networking.
- I ran webinars and workshops and lunch-n-learns.
(I’m sure I’ve left out something.)
I invested a ton of time, energy, and money ... but I wasn't seeing results.
While I was serving my clients powerfully, and we were creating amazing results together, behind the scenes I was growing more frustrated and miserable.
I couldn’t detach my brain from the business. All my thoughts were consumed by it. My to do list. Accomplishing the next step in the latest strategy I was working on. Trying to turn every human interaction into a business opportunity.
My relationships and my health began to suffer.
- I wasn’t able to be present with my partner, my family, my friends. (The Do Not Disturb sign was always up on my home office door.)
- I began skipping out on my self-care routines. (Walking just takes up so much time!)
- I didn’t allow myself to have fun. (I live in Florida, near some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, but I never go. And I love the beach!)
- I wasn’t sleeping well. I would lie awake at night, tossing and turning, unable to turn off the incessant thought stream.
And then I learned something that changed everything...
I connected with a mentor who showed me how much my mindset was impacting every aspect of my life and taught me a powerful methodology that empowered me to quickly identify the self-limiting thought patterns and behaviors that were holding me back and replace those with empowering ones.
This mindset methodology was unlike anything I had studied before (check out my creds, I’ve studied a lot).
Since I’ve been applying it to my own life,
- I have experienced both growth AND peace like never before.
- I feel more deeply connected with my partner.
- I’m back to being my energetic, fun-loving, playful self.
But most importantly, I know the sky’s the limit. Because my mindset is unstoppable.
And I want that for you too. The question is …
What do YOU want?
The Official Creds
One of my clients once described me as a “mixologist” because my multi-disciplinary approach uniquely and powerfully integrates mindset, linguistics, and mind-body-spirit health and life coaching.
I mean, how many coaches have the linguistic expertise to use word choice and sentence structure to uncover and transform your limiting beliefs?
My degrees and professional certifications include:
- David Bayer Certified Transformational Mindset & Business Facilitator
- Certified Eating Psychology Coach, Institute for the Psychology of Eating
- Certified Transformation Coach, Mastery Level, Holistic MBA
- Certified Health Coach, Health Coach Institute
- Certified Life Coach, Health Coach Institute
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, Boston University
- B.S. in Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
I have extensive public-speaking experience, both as an academic researcher, a trainer, and a coach, and I love facilitating workshops, small group events, and large seminars.
The Unofficial Stuff
Wow, you’re still reading? You must be a real go-getter.
Stepping up for yourself and embarking on a transformative journey is serious stuff. But I like to have fun. If you work with me, I promise we’ll laugh a lot! Can I apologize in advance for my crazy sense of humor?
A few tidbits about myself.
I have an amazing husband, to whom I have been married for over 30 years (I tell people I got married REAL young).
We live near Tampa, Florida (beautiful beaches) with two crazy feline fur-babies.
I’m originally from Massachusetts, but it’s just too darn cold up there!
In a previous career as a researcher and instructor, I had the privilege to travel to 5 different continents.
I love music, especially Dave Matthews Band (40+ live shows and counting). I like to read self-help books and sci-fi and fantasy novels. I’m a Pisces – I love the ocean and going with the flow.